Game clock: JUNE 2019

Myanmar talks

The Cysco TelePresence area is an unofficial discussion method; where leaders from around the world can discuss a wide variety of matters.
Iceviking
South Africa

Myanmar talks

Post by Iceviking » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:48 pm

နိုင်ငံတော်၏ အတိုင်ပင်ခံပုဂ္ဂိုလ် - အောင်ဆန်းစုကြည်

State Counsellor of Myanmar - Aung San Suu Kyi

We invite all parties involved to Naypyidaw to hold talks regarding the internal conflict in Myanmar and a solution to end this terrible conflict which has blighted our nation.

We also invite India and China as observers.

We will cease any military actions for the time being whilst talks are ongoing.

BaronAzrael
India

Re: Myanmar talks

Post by BaronAzrael » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm

General Vijay Kumar Singh, PVSM, AVSM, YSM, ADC
Minister of State for External Affairs,
The Republic of India

Madam Counsellor,

The Government of the Republic of India has accredited and authorised myself to act as the Indian Observer in the upcoming talks. We hope that those groups currently suffering, including the Rohingya People, are adequately represented at these talks to ensure the possibility of true peace exists. The Government of India stands ready to assist Myanmar, due to the need to promote regional stability and peaceful relations.

Vonar Roberts
Canada

Post by Vonar Roberts » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Ambassador Hong Liang
The Government of the People's Republic of China has accredited and authorized myself to act as the Chinese Observer in the upcoming talks. The government of the People's Republic of China stands ready to assist Myanmar, due to the need to promote regional stability and peaceful relations.

LordMoose
Saudi Arabia

Post by LordMoose » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:23 am

Nurul Islam
president of the Arakan Rohingya National Organisation
Rohingya political activist,
Yangon-educated lawyer

I have been blessed to represent the Rohingya People in these talks. While I will not state that I represent the whishes of the whole Rakhine State I will try my best to do this to the best of my abilities.

N'Ban La
Former Vice chairman of the Kachin Independence Organisation
Chairman of the United Nationalities Federal Council

I will represent the people of Kachin State and the Kachin Independence Organisation (KIO)

Khu Oo Reh
Chairman of the Karenni National Progressive Party

I will represent the people of Karenni and the Kayah State along with by proxy the Karenni Army to the best of my ability

Saw Mutu Say Poe
Chairman of the Karen National Union

I will reresent the Karen people and the KNU.

Twan Mrat Naing
Commander-in-Chief of the Arakan Army

I will reprsent the Arakan Army

NOTE: This is only a small sampling of the factions within Mymanmar and will not respersent all of the internal divisions and complexities of this conflict [though it will go a long way towards that goal]. As well all of these respersentives have come under the promise of diplomatic immunity for the duration of this confrence and two weeks afterwards [so they can return to there homes once this is over], keep that in mind. Lastly while [some of] these factions are respecting the "တစ်နိုင်ငံလုံး ပစ်ခတ်တိုက်ခိုက်မှု ရပ်စဲရေးသဘောတူစာချုပ်" [Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement] this wont mean fighting will stop for all sides, or that fighting wont develop from these talks.

Iceviking
South Africa

Post by Iceviking » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:35 am

နိုင်ငံတော်၏ အတိုင်ပင်ခံပုဂ္ဂိုလ် - အောင်ဆန်းစုကြည်

State Counsellor of Myanmar - Aung San Suu Kyi

We thank all groups that have attended. Firstly the government of Myanmar would like to discuss the future of our nation. At the moment we are a loosely based Union, however we would like to turn into the Federation of Myanmar. We would give each state its own laws, taxes, etc we would be modeled on the American model. Each state will be able to use their own language as well as Burmese. Each state would be able to work within their own boundaries on things like education in ethnic languages, heritage and also able to publish newspapers and broadcast news.

The central government will still cover defence, foreign affairs, health, policing and mineral rights. We would also reconsider giving the Rohingyas Burmese citizenship in the Rakine State.

I hope these are ideal conditions to work on and from.

I yield the floor.