Game clock: JUNE 2019

Round 1 Applications

A section intended for new members to post their interest in playable countries
C.E
Brazil

Re: Round 1 Applications

Post by C.E » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:10 pm

How will your activity be over the next few months: Limited.

List of nations you want to apply for::
1: Brazil
2: Italy

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 pm

@Jimmy: Greece it will be, will however do the stats tomorrow
@C.E: Brazil it is

Acer
United States of America

Post by Acer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:10 am

Unfortunately recent things in life have reduced amount of free time I currently have. Will have to withdraw from Israel :(

Hoping to re-join this round later, potentially in a less time consuming nation.

Qwertyuiop
Ukraine

Post by Qwertyuiop » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Acer wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:10 am
Unfortunately recent things in life have reduced amount of free time I currently have. Will have to withdraw from Israel :(

Hoping to re-join this round later, potentially in a less time consuming nation.
I’d like to apply for Israel with plans to see the ongoing corruption inquiries into Netanyahu and his family be brought to a conclusion sometime in 2014. There will be ongoing work on a regional level to ensure that there is not any spillover into Israel from Syria. Ongoing Iranian efforts to destabilize the region will also need to be monitored by Israel at a close level.

Hughsthatguy
India

Post by Hughsthatguy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:39 pm

With the situation regarding hostile players in the European nations and OOC dislike of myself colouring their interactions (and waiting on a reply for 2 weeks so I can work on other actions) I would like to step back as Turkey and perhaps move to a different nation.

noblesule
United States of America

Post by noblesule » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Name applicant:: noblesule

Which nation sim have you played before? This is the first time I have played a nation sim.

How did you find Nations? I found it on Wikipedia whilst trying to search for nation sims.

If referred, who is responsible for the referral? Wikipedia referred me

How will your activity be over the next few months? I'll be quite active, visiting the sim every day

1. South Africa
2. Spain
3. Switzerland

Application::
South Africa: to deal with poverty and the high crime rates. Stop racism/ discrimination and to tackle corruption
Spain: Reduce unemployment rates and tackle the Catalan issues. I also want Spain to have a more important role in the EU.
Switzerland: To fix the judiciary and legal systems. Provide more career options for women and to slightly change the educational system

Jon
Canada

Post by Jon » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Name applicant:: Jon

Which nation sim have you played before? I've played this game before, and QPawn going back to the early 2000s.

How did you find Nations? I think I googled QPawn to see if it still existed.

How will your activity be over the next few months? I should be here 3-4 days a week.

1. Turkey
2. Japan

Application::
Turkey: Domestically, I'm planning on launching some dramatic integration programs. Turkey currently has about 4 million refugees within its borders, which society has been doing a lot to support at the sub-federal level, but the federal government has treated the situation as temporary. I'm going to change that. Support for permanent settlement, and integration. Refugees are an economic opportunity, and if Europe doesn't want to take advantage of it, Turkey will. I also plan to (somewhat) extend existing programs for the Kurdish minorities. Kurdish language education, programming, etc. Geo-politically, I plan to continue Turkey's current pragmatic outlook. Co-operation with NATO on most issues, but the willingness to take another path when its benefits are clear. Support for an independent Palestine, a willingness to help Europe and America as they solve the problems they've caused in the Middle East, but an unwillingness to bear the cost of fixing their errors.

Japan: Domestically, I want to encourage population growth. Simple as that. I need to defuse Japan's demographic time-bomb. Internationally, I'd make an "economic imperialism" play, sort of like what China's currently doing in Africa. Pour lots of money into African economies in order to support resource extraction, which can support Japan's economy. Some more emphasis on improving local conditions will be necessary since Japan's a democracy, but the end goal is to compete with China in Africa.

Bobithy
Korea North

Post by Bobithy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:13 am

@Jon Approved for Turkey.

Mustang
Israel

Post by Mustang » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:42 am

Which nation sim have you played before?
I've played Nations before in the past, NationStates, and a couple other nation sims that I can't remember the name of.

How did you find Nations? (Nations has not turned up often on Google results, but the moderators want to get an insight on how we can improve our methods to attract new players.)

I've played Nations before in the past, and I wanted to see if thing were still going. I found the game, and would like to start playing again.

How will your activity be over the next few months?

My activity should be pretty good. I should be on, at a minimum, for a few hours a day. My activity will very likely be much greater than that.

List of nations you want to apply for:
1. Israel

Application:

1. For Israel, my approach would be a focus on modernization and advancement in the economy, the military, and international relations. I would like to emphasize increased domestic production and new trade agreements globally, shifting Israel toward growing its international presence in free trade. This would include furthering relations with Israel's neighbors through stabilization of the regional economy, and find areas of mutual concern with countries in the Middle East, Africa, and Europe. From a national security standpoint, I would hope to build closer relationships (both militaristic and economic) with the smaller member nations of NATO. This would include military production agreements, as well as joint research and development. Also, moving toward more domestic production and design of military equipment and technology. With regard to foreign relations, I would like to see Israel work as more than just a one issue nation, and work internationally on other multi-nation issues; one issue, for example, is open, fair & modernized elections.

Overall, I would describe my intended approach as holistic through combining an emphasis on economic vibrancy & diversity, national & regional security, and international cooperation. I believe that an active Middle East is important to the game as a whole. By mixing the slightly different approach that I've described, with the traditional issues surrounding Israel and the neighboring nations, I think we can keep things both busy and fun for everyone.
Benjamin Netanyahu,
Prime Minister & Minister of Foreign Affairs - State of Israel

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:09 am

@Mustang Israel it will be