Game clock: JUNE 2019

General Discussion

Talk about whatever you like!
Tacojoemeru
Philippines

Re: General Discussion

Post by Tacojoemeru » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Some cute redhead gave me a flashdrive with some PDFs of IISS' Military Balance books. I added in a couple other useful files as well.

Its great guys, I feel like there was really a connection between us! She was so interested in my hobbies too!!

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Tacojoemeru wrote:Some cute redhead gave me a flashdrive with some PDFs of IISS' Military Balance books. I added in a couple other useful files as well.

Its great guys, I feel like there was really a connection between us! She was so interested in my hobbies too!!
I love her already ;)

Sadar
Egypt

Post by Sadar » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:55 pm

I’m honestly curious to see how Turkey evolves in this game. Hopefully we get a rogue Erdogan ( : so much going on in that region with KSA, Turkey, Russia, Israel, Iran, US...

Any predictions?

BaronAzrael
India

Post by BaronAzrael » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:07 am

Sadar wrote:I’m honestly curious to see how Turkey evolves in this game. Hopefully we get a rogue Erdogan ( : so much going on in that region with KSA, Turkey, Russia, Israel, Iran, US...

Any predictions?
Well historically their go to in situations with massive currency devaluation and controversial foreign policy has been a military coup, but as he has nerfed the Ataturk-leaning military core command structure, it's just likely now to be political factional infighting eventually resulting in a hung parliament. His party has traditionally relied upon pushing the Anatolian tiger leaders to greater economic prosperity, and as they are more rural, asian-based religious conservatives it'll be interesting which way they jump (outright Islamist, or more centrist but economically viable conservative).

The AKP openly offers washing machines, tv's etc in elections to lower socio-economic voters, however the economic issues may make this unlikely now on the previous large scale. So I'm predicting a split off and migration in the AKP to socially conservative centrist parties, and to a more Islamist-orientated party now the military coup threat is severely restricted.

Also boobs! (for those vets here that worry I'm becoming too sensible in my dotage)

merlins
Poland

Post by merlins » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:13 pm

Just to make sure that I got it right - this would be a game set in 'modern times'?
Even though I am rather busy in my job, this could be a reason for me to look into options to find some time. A rather small country, perhaps, even Latvia (my home country) just because we are on the verge of elections that might change a lot in the country.

Sadar
Egypt

Post by Sadar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:27 pm

Or Luxembourg. Election year. Lol

merlins
Poland

Post by merlins » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:31 pm

Sadar wrote:Or Luxembourg. Election year. Lol
I do sense some sarcasm in your comment. Regardless, I am from Eastern Europe and thus prefer to play an Eastern European country. Considering my limited time, Latvia with a changed government would be the ideal choice.

Sadar
Egypt

Post by Sadar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:36 pm

It was a joke but never mind. Eastern Europe does have a thing with Russia watching and the split between east and west EU.

None of the current countries listed tempts you? Some are manageable with little time

merlins
Poland

Post by merlins » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:22 pm

Sadar wrote:It was a joke but never mind. Eastern Europe does have a thing with Russia watching and the split between east and west EU.

None of the current countries listed tempts you? Some are manageable with little time
Not taking it personally, so no worries.

While there would be several interesting countries to play, for example, Ukraine (I am currently deployed to Ukraine and work here for the EU), I have never been good with the military aspect of these games. I am most well-versed with politics, international relations/diplomacy and economy. So these would be my priorities.

Latvia in a game like this would be ideal, especially, considering that a pro-Russian political party is leading the polls, but a populist political party is causing some uproar with unorthodox proposals and approaches. This would allow me to play my country relatively relaxed, but in Trump like manner :D

Sadar
Egypt

Post by Sadar » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:28 am

At the moment, this is ths list of available countries I believe:

https://nations-game.nl/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=384