Admin Announcements & News

Find the latest information about the board here
Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Re: Admin Announcements & News

Post by Jos1311 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Round Start
As of this moment, September 16th at 18:00 GMT+1, the round has started. This means that from this moment on RL matters are considered to not have happened IG. Anything prior to this moment is considered to have occurred IG as well. That being said I wish everybody a long and interesting round. It goes without saying that I ask players to carefully consider the amount of actions they submit in the catchers, while I will not be implementing a limit, I do expect that people carefully consider the amount of actions they submit. Now that that has been said; Have a good one, and spread the word!

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Game Clock
Please take note that the game clock has been moved to October 2018. The next change is scheduled for coming Monday, when I also will be carrying out the first activity check. If you come across players that have joined up, but have yet to provide an active contribution to the game, please convince them to join as fast as possible, as otherwise some could be at risk of losing their nation very soon.

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 pm

Limited activity tomorrow and action catcher
The action catcher is quite full at the moment, and I will not be having much time to dedicate to the game tomorrow. Please keep in mind that the pending amount of actions already is pretty significant and I ask you to carefully consider what you submit, at least until the amount of pending actions is reduced somewhat.

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Update
The game clock has been changed to NOVEMBER, please take note. Tomorrow I will have to focus on the stats for Greece, and do some work on those for Brazil as well. I will also have to create a taken nations map, and carry out an activity check. As a result I doubt I will have much time remaining to process actions.

Bobithy
Korea North

Post by Bobithy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Regarding R&D Funding:
Please remember that in order for an R&D or Technology action to be processed you will need to provide a budget to the program. Please note that currently all R&D actions linked in the catcher have been removed for the lack of a budget. Please make clear in the action (at the bottom or somewhere easily find able) how much the budget will be on an annual basis. The only exception to this rule is projects which where already in development prior to the round starting. Thank you!

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:26 am

Action Catcher and nearing year end
The action catcher has been closed until after the game clock change to January. This is being done, as after it has been cleared, we will be addressing several things to ensure a transit into 2019. This will also mean several economic reports will come out and several adjustments to the stats and budget spreadsheets. I have limited time today, but hope to have more tomorrow and the days thereafter, so it will possibly take some time, however there are several important matters to discuss IG, so those can be done in the mean time. Things like the Brexit, the composition of the peacekeeping force in Ukraine, etc.

On a side note all players can carry over their procurement budgets that still remain into the next year, as this is something that happens IRL as well. So you guys don't have to spend anything at once, but can actually plan things.

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:50 pm

Update and Country Vacancies
Following the latest activity check we now have vacancies for the following nations: Canada, Israel, Pakistan, and United Kingdom. The players for these countries will be removed, and they are now considered open for applications. If you are interested please make this known.

Concerning the end of year pause, I hope to finish the remaining work tomorrow. I hope to release the pending actions, write and post several economic reports and make some stat adjustments. Once that is done, I will move to game clock forward to January 2019.

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 pm

And we're off again
Tomorrow I will update the news ticker and update the general events map. The action catcher has now been opened again, and please take note that we are looking for a player for Israel and the United Kingdom. I will set the game clock to January 2019 now, and we are good to go again.

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 am

Turkey and UK
It appears I mistook Qwertyuiop with Hughsthatguy, and so we do have an active Turkey, my bad. In a twist of things Qwertyuiop will be stepping down from Saudi Arabia and will be taking control of the United Kingdom. As the issue of the Brexit is nearing, it will be very important to have an active UK, that being said I am somewhat more easy going to allow the Brexit issue to be concluded slightly later than March, as that will be a pretty daunting task knowing the IG mechanics.

Jos1311
Site Admin
Netherlands

Post by Jos1311 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:21 am

Important information
Please note that as of this moment only one action per category will be allowed. If someone submits more than one action, the second action will be removed from the catcher. At the same time I still am seeing military and/or R&D actions from players that have not created MoD threads. This is not possible, as there is no good way for us to keep track of what has been spent. These nations will also be removed from the action catcher, and can only be submitted once the MoD thread has been created.